DOW FILMTEC LP-4040 delivers high quality water at low pressure operation and can replace many “first generation” low pressure membrane elements and purify more water in many older systems, especially on cold water feeds. The Filmtec LP-4040 elements feature a 34 mil feed spacer to lessen the impact of fouling and may be cleaned over a wide pH range (pH 1-13) for the most effective cleaning.
- High rejection results in excellent water quality
- Low energy usage reduces power consumption and costs
- durable with good cleanability for long element life
- Filmtec Performance and quality
Important InformationProper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment systems is essential to prepare the membranes for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock. Following the proper start-up sequence also helps ensure that system operating parameters conform to design specifications so that system water quality and productivity goals can be achieved. Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pretreatment, loading of the membrane elements, instrument calibration and other system checks should be completed.
Please refer to the application information literature entitled “Start-Up Sequence” (Form No. 609-02077) for more information.
Operation GuidelinesAvoid any abrupt pressure or cross-flow variations on the spiral elements during start-up, shutdown, cleaning or other sequences to prevent possible membrane damage. During start-up, a gradual change from a standstill to operating state is recommended as follows:
- Feed pressure should be increased gradually over a 30-60 second time frame.
- Cross-flow velocity at set operating point should be achieved gradually over 15-20 seconds.
- Permeate obtained from first hour of operation should be discarded.
- Keep elements moist at all times after initial wetting.
- If operating limits and guidelines given in this bulletin are not strictly followed, the limited warranty will be null and void.
- To prevent biological growth during prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution.
- The customer is fully responsible for the effects of incompatible chemicals and lubricants on elements.
- Maximum pressure drop across an entire pressure vessel (housing) is 30 psi (2.1 bar).
- Avoid static permeate-side backpressure at all times